In order to continue building upon our success, we need your support as we raise funds to travel to Orlando, Florida for spring training and competition at the USTA National Campus. With over 100 courts spread across 64 acres, the USTA National Campus allows our student-athletes the opportunity to train in one of the country’s premier tennis facilities when the weather in Michigan does not allow us to be outside. With your generosity, and that of others like you, we will be better prepared for league competition to begin in the spring. By contributing to the Tennis program, you have a direct impact on the lives of our student-athletes and their first-class experience as Golden Grizzlies. Thank you again for your support of Oakland University Athletics and our Tennis program. Go Golden Grizzlies!
This trip costs $12,000 annually. Your donation will assist in covering the following expenses:
• $100 – Team Building Activity
• $250 – Weeklong meal costs for each student-athlete
• $250 – Weeklong accommodation cost for each student-athlete
• $450 – Round-trip transportation for each student-athlete, includes airfare and van rental
• $500 – USTA National Campus rental fee, covering practice time & matches for the entire team
• $3,000 – Video technology covering six courts, allowing for film study and review
Oakland University Athletics is committed to providing a first-class experience for our student-athletes during their time as Golden Grizzlies, striving to develop champions in the classroom, in competition and in the community. We had a banner year in 2016-17, capturing the Horizon League all-sports championship—the McCafferty Trophy—for the third consecutive year—a feat not achieved in a decade. For eight consecutive semesters, our student-athletes have led the Horizon League in Academic Honor Roll selections, with 293 student-athletes achieving that honor this past year. Your support allows us to continue building upon these successes.